Tuesday, June 9, 2009

the gate was open...

I want to tell this story with out making others feel bad. So I hope I do an ok job at that. On Friday I really had a huge scare, I think it scared me more then I want to admit. I had rented Quantum of Solice(sp) on Thursday and didn't end up watching it till friday, since it was due before 9(so I didn't have to pay more) I was watching it with Dad while Mom was nice enough to take the kids out back so that they wheren't being to loud. A couple of time the boys would come up to the back door and peer in at me and then they where off to play. At some point I realize that it had been a while since I had seen them but thought nothing of it. A few minutes later Mom comes in saying "The boys are gone and the gate was open!" I hate moments like that because my initial reaction is always they must be kidding. (kind of like "do you want to know what your having? Twins!" oh they must be joking!!! Kind of like that) But sure enough I went out and they where gone! On the side of the house where the gate is at is the main road in the neighborhood and since there is really only one way that me and the boys go I yelled at dad who had shoes on the go down that way to see if they where there, I went the opposite way until I heard them say they had found them. When I finally got to them(I am actually laughing as I write this just remembering) they where so proud of themselves and thought it was so funny! I was so mad and I look over and there was this car of ladies who had been following them down the street watching over them. I was releaved that it wasn't some creepy person who wanted to take them. So I freaked out for a moment but realize now that the lord was looking out for them, my little adventurers!!!

1 comments:

Chauntel said...

Jackson has done that a few time and everytime someone in a car driving by helps out. But Jackson is 2 years older. and I'm still scared silly. I'm glad their alright.